Elite Warriors

Elite Warrior Clan Forums

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Yeah...

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Genesic K.A.L.

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:34 pm

Wickwire wrote:

Btw, I doubt Caz finished that game in 10 hours. Unless he skipped every enemy he had to fight, (excluding the ones you have to fight of course), didn't read any cutscenes, and didn't scan anything except for the ones needed, then it's possible, but barely.

Oh, but he did. No cutscene skipping, scanned everything, killed everything. I'm pretty sure he said 10 hours... either way, it wasn't that long. I'll have to find out when he gets back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wickwire

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:18 pm

Then there's no way it's 10 hours. I'm about 60-65% complete with the game and I'm around 11 or 12.

Anyway, I noticed something about the clues for the special items I need. It tells you what planet it's on. I feel so stupid. Well, I only need two more energy cells, (that's the special item you need in the Valhalla), and I'll be able to complete that part. There's ten energy cells in total.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genesic K.A.L.

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:00 am

Wickwire wrote:
Then there's no way it's 10 hours. I'm about 60-65% complete with the game and I'm around 11 or 12.

Anyway, I noticed something about the clues for the special items I need. It tells you what planet it's on. I feel so stupid. Well, I only need two more energy cells, (that's the special item you need in the Valhalla), and I'll be able to complete that part. There's ten energy cells in total.

I was wrong, it was 8. I swear to God, I wouldn't lie about this. Hell, I even watched him play.

He only had 80 some percent at the end, though.

Maybe he just has an understanding of Metroid Prime games? Lol, I mean he did beat the shit out of 1 and 2 many times. Eventually you just understand how the games are built, and therefore are able to move through the game quicker. Same goes for Fusion. It had (basically) the same engine as Super Metroid (Caz played it a lot back in the day) and he got 95% playing the first time.

Sure, 8 hours sounds rediculous, but it's real. The internet says Corruption was easier than 1 and 2, so maybe that factors into it somehow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HyperBallistic

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:09 am

I beat it in two days at 85% on normal, next weekend i'm gonna do it on veteren, and the next i'm doing hyper. I'm gonna post my wii code sometime soon, probably today. Add me to your address book in the Wii-mail section, and then go ingame to send the vouchers, i'll send you an equal amount (if i got'em, i have around 15 i think) this weekend, when i'm back in town, unless i can get my brother to figure it out.

BTW this was a great conclusion to Prime
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wickwire

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:23 am

This sucks. I don't know when I'll be able to play the game. I already have a bunch of homework, leaving me no time for anything else.

I guess eight hours is possible. I'm taking longer and finding a bunch of stuff.

Btw, I got all the power-ups in both Zero Mission and Fusion. I almost did for Prime 1, but got bored. I scanned everything in Prime 2, but didn't collect all the power-ups.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Badger
Admin

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:07 am

I've never played a Metroid Prime game 'afore, so I'm kinda' sucking at it. The puzzles are different than Zelda. In fact, they're so much easier that I can't figure 'em out, lol.

I'm only 20% done and I've already spent 8 hours - lol. (Hey, at least I'm enjoying the game, eh?)

Badger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genesic K.A.L.

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:53 pm

Badger wrote:
I've never played a Metroid Prime game 'afore, so I'm kinda' sucking at it. The puzzles are different than Zelda. In fact, they're so much easier that I can't figure 'em out, lol.

I'm only 20% done and I've already spent 8 hours - lol. (Hey, at least I'm enjoying the game, eh?)

Badger

Hey man, the more time spent playing a game; the more time spent enjoying it.

I like when it takes me 20 some hours to beat a game, 'cause then I get to spend more time caught up in the world they created. Beating a game fast the first time is badass, but it gives me less time to enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wickwire

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:45 pm

Ugh, now that I'm home, I looked at the homework I have and will have in the future, and it's awful. Right now I can afford "maybe" an hour of Prime 3. My schedule at school got really messed up because a teacher of mine went to a different school over the summer. (Our whole drafting class is mad, but we understand) Anyway, I have four reasons why I will have barely any time.

1. A.P. English/Lit - College level course earning me college credit while I'm in high school. (Technically I'm enrolled in both high school and college actually)

2. A.P. Chemistry - Same as above.

3. Calculus - This class is taught just like it would be in college

4. Research Writing - Prepares you for the writing skills you'll need in college. This might be the only reason I'll be on a computer, since we need to do research.

Then there's drafting, which we never have homework, but more than likely I'll be a big part of a group. Then I have global issues, which is so full of idiots that I think I'll become stupider, but it's an easy class, which is good.

So yeah. I haven't been on 2142 is who knows how long, and I doubt I will be for awhile. I will finish Prime 3 eventually however.

Omg, when Starcraft 2 comes out, I'm seriously going to be ripped apart. Imagine wanting to play a game you've been waiting YEARS for, and find that you'll have basically no time to play it when you buy it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HyperBallistic

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:14 pm

lol, two words quit collage (or are you in highschool)

SC2 is worth it, lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lange

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:26 pm

Kl thats amazing Caz beat it in 8 hours. Ign says the average time is 20 hours to beat it. I can believe it if he played the first 2 metroid games so much he basically memorized the mechanics. Heck I couldn't play a game that much. but he is probably one of the very few who can beat it in that short of time. But the only possible way to do that is to not scan everything and blaze through the levels perfectly smooth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HyperBallistic

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:43 pm

ok, my Wii # is 00-17-AB-5C-8F-C0

there are no letter Os in it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genesic K.A.L.

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:30 pm

Lange wrote:
Kl thats amazing Caz beat it in 8 hours. Ign says the average time is 20 hours to beat it. I can believe it if he played the first 2 metroid games so much he basically memorized the mechanics. Heck I couldn't play a game that much. but he is probably one of the very few who can beat it in that short of time. But the only possible way to do that is to not scan everything and blaze through the levels perfectly smooth.

No, we have to scan everything. It's almost like an obsessive compulsive thing.

I dunno, IGN said it took a long ass time to beat Resident Evil 4 but I did it in... I forget, but it wasn't as long as IGN said.

I'd imagine that they're only doing an estimate of the average play through.

As for playing Prime 1 and 2 a lot, that's only because he (and usually myself) beat a game on normal twice (to get the feel), then beat the other difficulties. I usually stop at hard, unless I'm damn good. Like Metal Gear Solid 3. But the most I'll ever do in that is Very Hard. That European Extreme shit is extreme.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wickwire

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:01 pm

I'm in high school and college Hyper. I'm still a high school student but I'm registered with a college because I did dual enrollment. Eight friggin' long hours every Monday for that psychology class last year. Just so you know, these eight hours were AFTER eight hours in regular school. Once I got home at like 8:30 at night, I had to do any homework I still had from my other classes.

Btw, school is more important than video games, period.

Also, I'm happy to say this. One of the colleges I'm thinking about going to after high school just sent me a letter basically saying I'm in if I want to go. Still deciding however.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HyperBallistic

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:46 pm

'twas a joke

anyone gonna take me up on the friend voucher offer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Badger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:01 pm

I'll give my code to you later tonight 'cuz I don't have access to my Wii right now. (Wife took it over to her girlfriend's house. Lol, it's such a pimp.)

Badger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wickwire

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:43 pm

I need to figure out how to find my number and I need to get the internet set up. Once I know how, (hoping someone here can say how), I'll try to find time to get on the Wii.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HyperBallistic

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:34 pm

Wii Menu/Wii Settings/Internet/System information

or something like that

boy howdy its gonna be fun having friends on my Wii finally Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wickwire

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:15 pm

Heh, it may be awhile before I can even afford to touch Prime 3. Any kind of social life I had is gone because of all the work I have. I'm taking a quick break right now from my crapload of homework. These first few weeks are going to be hell. Once I get home, I have to start doing homework just to be able to go to sleep at a fairly normal time. (Around 10 or 10:30) Of course I highly doubt this will happen and I'll more than likely be deprived of sleep. After say six weeks or something like that, I should start seeing small openings of free time, maybe... I still have stuff around the house to do with all my homework.

Btw, I've pretty much said good-bye to 2142. No way I can play it. Was fun playing with those I played with.

I'm off to do as much homework as I can before I need sleep. If I don't show up here after some time, I didn't die, hopefully, I'm just busy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HyperBallistic

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:39 am

Damn, i wanna trade vouchers this weekend so i can have the Screenshot Taker Tool for when i play through it again.

Anyone else, please, you don't have to have finished the game to do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Badger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:40 am

Lawl. I'm supposed to be doing my homework right now. I'mma try to do it later tonight, Hyper.

Badger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Badger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:59 pm

Hyper, I think you gave me the wrong code, 'cuz when I try to add friends it only gives me numbers to put in. You need to go to your wii messages and go from there to find your wii number

Mine is 8540 4618 5036 5873

I think that's how it works.

Badger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Badger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:00 pm

But just in case I'm wrong, here is my other address:

00-16-7a-be-97b6

Badger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HyperBallistic

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:58 pm

hmmm.... i told my little bro that wasn't it, but he said he couldn't find any other code, i'm going home today in a few hours, i'll do it then, how many vouchers do you want?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Badger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:21 pm

I guess as many as you'll give me. I'm not really sure how it works. Do I give you the same amount or what?

Badger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wickwire

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:32 pm

Save some for me. I have a window of opprutunity to play Prime 3 before I go to the Tigers game. I'll get the codes and post them some time later tonight, hopefully. I'll give you as many vouchers as you want, cause they don't do anything for me. I have somewhere around 15 I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   

Back to top Go down

Yeah...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Warriors :: Main :: General-
Jump to: